Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adepticon Review Day 2

Me fighting the dreamer at the cake match Thursday

So day 2 comes early with me getting up to make sure I get my 30 min early into the vendor hall. When I arrive down at it there is already a line for Forgeworld, oh well I just want the con only miniatures so I will pick them up later in the weekend without the wait. I get in and go right to battlefoam to buy the foam for super dungeon explorer for my wife, but they did not bring it with them. I head to the cool mini or not area and see there is really no one from soda pop miniatures this year. I pick up some instant mold and some spartan statue parts for terrain. I mess around most the day checking in on my friend playing in the lord of the rings tournament(for battle reports go to his blog .) 

Finally it hits the time for the Malifaux Master Qualifier 1.  First game I am against Cheated Fates podcaster Joe and his Rezzers. The mission is destroy the evidence and I take Colette. After me stopping him destroying some of his evidence the game ends 7-5. I could have gotten 8 but the terrain stop Cassandra from getting the neutral marker first move. Second game was Shared Escape and Survive I was playing against Colette and I took Raspitina. This was a HUGE mistake he spanked me into the group and killed everything I had 0-8 loss. Game 3 and Rezzers again, this time we are playing Shared Claim Jump, we tied at 5-5 with a huge pile of models on the claim marker. I ended up around the middle of the pack. Joe and the Colette player both placed but the Colette player passed it down. I wish I took some pictures but I was tired and forgot my camera in the hotel room. After the award I run upstairs and try to sleep.

No comments: