Monday, December 20, 2010

Failure of 2010 and Painting Points for 2011

Well 2010 has been a painting and modeling failure. Real Life and video games has totally gotten in the way of the hobby. But with 2011 is a new year and I will have a new army. I will be setting up a painting point system that I have seen on various blogs.

  • Infantry = 1 point
  • Cavalry or bikes or special characters/true scale (40mm bases)= 2 points
  • Monster or Dreadnought = 5 points
  • Vehicle or Large Monster = 10 points
  • Superheavy vehicle or Gargantuan Creature = 20 points
With this I am hoping I can get myself more on track with my painting and also get some of my friends into it so we can push each other to getting more done this year. My goals are to get 2000 points of Dark Eldar painted, one of my 2 fantasy armies painted to 2500, my 2 malifaux crews, and my necromunda models. This is a big list and I have a couple of other things I would like to do that are not finalized yet.

Gaming has also been a total fail this year when it coming to miniature gaming. So I have built a point system for that just to track how much I get to play year to year.

  • Small game (under 1k points)= 1 point
  • Malifaux or GW skirmish game = 2 points
  • Games Workshop normal sized game = 3 points
  • Apocalypse = 5 points
  • Store Tournament = 10 points
  • Indy Gt Tournament = 20 points
2011 looks be a better year with me and gaming so lets see how it will go. I will be going to Gen con and Adepticon this year with hopes for more. So big plans not to fail this year lets see if I can keep them.

No comments: